Kendall County Alimony Modifications Lawyer

Assisting Clients in Kendall County, Kane County, DeKalb County, and DuPage County

Following a divorce, it goes without saying that life changes. When it does, legally defined schedules and plans can also change. In the case of alimony (also called spousal support or spousal maintenance), the obligor (payer) or obligee (receiver) can petition the court to a modification to spousal support. On a basic level, one needs to show a substantial and material change in circumstances in order to request a modification. This chance can be linked to decreased ability to pay, or a substantial change in the needs of either party.

That said, alimony and modifications can be modifiable or nonmodifiable, set for fixed time periods, permanent or modifiable. It can also be set as a fixed dollar amount of a lump-sum payout. All of these factors that affect alimony can be very complex. Each need to be considered in the context of your circumstances in order to ideally work toward modification.

Kendall County Alimony Lawyer

For more than a decade I have been working intimately with these issues. I am ready to work directly with you to fully understand your unique situation, circumstances, wants and needs and help you arrive at an ideal resolution. This combination of comprehensive legal knowledge and a personal approach has helped hundreds of clients reach success in these issues. I look forward to helping you and your family.

To schedule a consultation to discuss divorce modifications with Kane County alimony modifications attorney, Matthew M. Williams, call 630-409-8184 or e-mail the Aurora Law Office of Matthew M. Williams, P.C.

Logo Image 1444 North Farnsworth Avenue, Suite 307
Aurora, IL 60505
Phone: 630-409-8184
Facebook   Twitter   Our Blog